Enviromental Policy Update:
Please note that ALL our races are now cup-free which means we will not be supplying cups and you will need to bring your own. We will provide water and squash dispensers and cola bottles for you to pour into your own cup.
Very soon we will have our own branded foldable and reusable cups for sale in our web-shop. You can either get these posted out to you in advance or collect them at registration on race day.
Race dates –
7in7 June 8th – 14th 2020
10in10 June 5th – 14th 2020
(Virtual runs can take place any time and any day during the month of June)
Just click on “The Pickled Village” to go direct to their website. Home of the most charming Chutneys, Marvellous Marmalades, fruity jams and rather delicious relishes.
Hot Runner: The Race
The Hot Runner is a ten day challenge with a unique marathon, half marathon & 10k race on each day. Each days race is based on one of The Pickled Villages fine preserves.…..
Enter the Hot Runner in its entirety, a 10 in 10 challenge, and compete on all ten days. Or choose the 7 in 7 challenge. Or just enter any of the seven days individually and choose your distance – 10k, Half Marathon or Marathon.
7in7 Race Date: June 8th – June 14th 2020.
10in10 Race Date: June 5th – June 14th 2020.
(Also available as a Virtual Event, with runs taking place throughout the month of February at locations and times to suit yourself)
Race Location: Little Bowbrook, Walton Road, Hartlebury, Worcestershire, DY10 4JA. We will have a race flag at the entrance to Little Bowbrook off Walton Road. Turn into Little Bowbrook and the race start-line will be ahead and then to your right.
On the day please aim to arrive by 9:30 latest to give yourself plenty of time to register, receive your race number, and have a brief race induction.
Each day’s races start at 10.00am. Earlier start times may be available so if interested please ask.
Post race, a light buffet will be provided to include sandwiches, pot noodles, soup, hot drinks etc. This is available to all entrants including single day competitors.
Hot Runner Merchandise
Visit our Shop for Hot Runner Merchandise
What is the course like?
The route is a multi-lap course with each lap approximately 6 miles. On your return to Little Bowbrook after each lap you will have water and food available. There is also a mid point water station and check-point.
The terrain is mainly tarmac, on quiet lanes through picturesque countryside. With the exception of one small hill the route is generally flat.
Is there any accommodation near by?
Within 5 minutes drive of Little Bowbrook is Hartlebury Travelodge. Adjacent to the Travelodge is a Thai Restaurant and a further five minutes walk is an Esso Garage with a Greggs and Spa Shop facilities. Ten minutes walk is also the Mitre Oak pub which serves good value food. If you require transport from the Travelodge to the race start / finish, we can supply this for a small fee.
Camping – you can camp for free at Little Bowbrook. We also have a toilet & shower facilities and a communal kitchenette with toaster and kettle.
The race names are all based around preserves supplied by our race Sponsor The Pickled Village. On the day we will have the appropriate preserve available on the day for you to try.
- Friday 5th – The Zesty Bracer
- Saturday 6th – The Very Berry Sloe
- Sunday 7th – The Plum Job
- Monday 8th – Green Fire
- Tuesday 9th – Hot One
- Wednesday 10th – Devilish
- Thursday 11th – Chilli
- Friday 12th – Hot Blooded
- Saturday 13th – Red Rapscallion
- Sunday 14th – Hot Runner
Only 50 places are available for each day so book early to avoid dissapointment.
Finishers medals: Designed specifically for Ultra Running Ltd, each day is unique medalk design. They also increase in size from 10k (70mm), Half Marathon (85mm) and Marathon (110mm).
bookings (within four weeks of the event) cannot guarantee their exact medal type (unless you are a 7in7 entrant). As a minimum you would receive an Original Hot Runner Medal, but please book early to avoid disappointment.
- The Hot Runner 10 in 10 Marathons (All 10 days) – £250.00
- The Hot Runner 7 in 7 Marathon (All 7 days) – £175.00
- The Hot Runner 7in7 Half Marathon (All 7 days) – £140.00
- The Hot Runner 7in7 10k (All 7 days) – £115.00
- Individual marathon (any single day) £29.00
- Individual half marathon (any single day) £24.00
- Individual 10k or 5k (any single day) £19.00
- Virtual Marathon (All 7 days) – £99.00
- Virtual Half Marathon (All 7 days) – £95.00
- Virtual 10k (All 7 days) – £90.00
- Individual Virtual Marathon (any single day) – £18.00
- Individual Virtual Half Marathon (any single day) – £16.50
- Individual Virtual 5k or 10k (any single day) – £15.00
Notes for Virtual Entries:
- Simple enter using the entry button at the top of the page.
- Select the Days and Distance you wish to enter
- We will email you within 24 hours with a personalised running number to print off. This may take longer over weekends, holiday periods, or if we have an actual event taking place.
- When you do the run, take a photo of yourself with the running number on. On completion of the run send us your run data as best as you can to firstname.lastname@example.org, preferably showing the route taken, but as a minimum, a photo of your Garmin or similar device, indicating the distance covered. You can also join our facebook group and post results and photos on there.
- Once we have confirmed your run information as correct your medal will be posted out. For multi-day bookings we will post out your medals once the final run has been completed. Please note – your virtual run cannot be done in conjunction with any other race and your chosen distance must be completed without rest periods.
- For international posting you will need to pay an additional £4.50 for a single item and £9.75 for multiple items.
The Hot Runner was formerley known as Dawn to Dusk for 2014 and 2015. For 2016 onwards the race name was changed to Hot Runner to (a) avoid a name clash with another race and (b) align with our new sponsor “The Pickled Village”