Enviromental Policy Update:
Please note that ALL our races are now cup-free which means we will not be supplying cups and you will need to bring your own. We will provide water and squash dispensers and cola bottles for you to pour into your own cup.
Very soon we will have our own branded foldable and reusable cups for sale in our web-shop. You can either get these posted out to you in advance or collect them at registration on race day.
Race dates –
7in7 June 10th – 16th 2019
10in10 June 7th – 16th 2019
(Virtual runs can take place any time and any day during the month of June)
See below for our Charity Option with Kids Run Free – your only cost will be £10.00 – even if you choose to do all seven days. This is available for both the Actual Race and the Virtual race options.
If you choose to raise money for Kids Run Free, we recommend you BOOK EARLY so you maximise the amount of time to raise your required sponsorship.
Just click on “The Pickled Village” to go direct to their website. Home of the most charming Chutneys, Marvellous Marmalades, fruity jams and rather delicious relishes.
Hot Runner: The Race
The Hot Runner is a ten day challenge with a unique marathon, half marathon & 10k race on each day. Each days race is based on one of The Pickled Villages fine preserves.…..
Enter the Hot Runner in its entirety, a 10 in 10 challenge, and compete on all ten days. Or choose the 7 in 7 challenge. Or just enter any of the seven days individually and choose your distance – 10k, Half Marathon or Marathon.
7in7 Race Date: June 10th – June 16th 2019.
10in10 Race Date: June 7th – June 16th 2019.
(Also available as a Virtual Event, with runs taking place throughout the month of February at locations and times to suit yourself)
Race Location: Little Bowbrook, Walton Road, Hartlebury, Worcestershire, DY10 4JA. We will have a race flag at the entrance to Little Bowbrook off Walton Road. Turn into Little Bowbrook and the race start-line will be ahead and then to your right.
On the day please aim to arrive by 9:30 latest to give yourself plenty of time to register, receive your race number, and have a brief race induction.
Each day’s races start at 10.00am. Earlier start times may be available so if interested please ask.
Post race, a light buffet will be provided to include sandwiches, pot noodles, soup, hot drinks etc. This is available to all entrants including single day competitors.
Hot Runner Merchandise
Visit our Shop for Hot Runner Merchandise
What is the course like?
The route is a multi-lap course with each lap approximately 6 miles. On your return to Little Bowbrook after each lap you will have water and food available. There is also a mid point water station and check-point.
The terrain is mainly tarmac, on quiet lanes through picturesque countryside. With the exception of one small hill the route is generally flat.
Is there any accommodation near by?
Within 5 minutes drive of Little Bowbrook is Hartlebury Travelodge. Adjacent to the Travelodge is a Thai Restaurant and a further five minutes walk is an Esso Garage with a Greggs and Spa Shop facilities. Ten minutes walk is also the Mitre Oak pub which serves good value food. If you require transport from the Travelodge to the race start / finish, we can supply this for a small fee.
Camping – you can camp for free at Little Bowbrook. We also have a toilet & shower facilities and a communal kitchenette with toaster and kettle.
The race names are all based around preserves supplied by our race Sponsor The Pickled Village. On the day we will have the appropriate preserve available on the day for you to try.
- Friday 7th – The Zesty Bracer
- Saturday 8th – The Very Berry Sloe
- Sunday 9th – The Plum Job
- Monday 10th – Green Fire
- Tuesday 11th – Hot One
- Wednesday 12th – Devilish
- Thursday 13th – Chilli
- Friday 14th – Hot Blooded
- Saturday 15th – Red Rapscallion
- Sunday 16th – Hot Runner
Only 50 places are available for each day so book early to avoid dissapointment.
Finishers medals: Designed specifically for Ultra Running Ltd, each day is unique medalk design. They also increase in size from 10k (70mm), Half Marathon (85mm) and Marathon (110mm).
bookings (within four weeks of the event) cannot guarantee their exact medal type (unless you are a 7in7 entrant). As a minimum you would receive an Original Hot Runner Medal, but please book early to avoid disappointment.
- The Hot Runner 10 in 10 Marathons (All 10 days) – £250.00
- The Hot Runner 7 in 7 Marathon (All 7 days) – £175.00
- The Hot Runner 7in7 Half Marathon (All 7 days) – £140.00
- The Hot Runner 7in7 10k (All 7 days) – £115.00
- Individual marathon (any single day) £29.00
- Individual half marathon (any single day) £24.00
- Individual 10k or 5k (any single day) £19.00
- Virtual Marathon (All 7 days) – £99.00
- Virtual Half Marathon (All 7 days) – £95.00
- Virtual 10k (All 7 days) – £90.00
- Individual Virtual Marathon (any single day) – £18.00
- Individual Virtual Half Marathon (any single day) – £16.50
- Individual Virtual 5k or 10k (any single day) – £15.00
- Enter any of the above and agree to raise set amount for Kids Run Free – £10.00 (see below note)
RUN FOR FREE – Our Nominated Race Charity – Kids Run Free.
URL are committed to helping our preferred charity ‘Kids Run Free‘. We have so far raised over £6,250 for Kids Run Free.
It’s easy and simple;
- Press the enter button and choose ‘Support Kids Run Free’ for just £10.00 which covers our Admin costs.
- Kids Run Free will create a Virgin Money Page for you.
- You agree to raise a minimum of twice the entry fee type you have chosen, but please raise as much money as you can.
- If you are a Virtual Entry we will email you your Virtual race Bibs so you can start your challenge.
- Once you have have exceeded your minimum target and completed your challenge, we post out your medals.
Notes for Virtual Entries:
- Simple enter using the entry button at the top of the page.
- Select the Days and Distance you wish to enter
- We will email you within 24 hours with a personalised running number to print off. This may take longer over weekends, holiday periods, or if we have an actual event taking place.
- When you do the run, take a photo of yourself with the running number on. On completion of the run send us your run data as best as you can to email@example.com, preferably showing the route taken, but as a minimum, a photo of your Garmin or similar device, indicating the distance covered. You can also join our facebook group and post results and photos on there.
- Once we have confirmed your run information as correct your medal will be posted out. For multi-day bookings we will post out your medals once the final run has been completed. Please note – your virtual run cannot be done in conjunction with any other race and your chosen distance must be completed without rest periods.
- For international posting you will need to pay an additional £4.50 for a single item and £9.75 for multiple items.
The Hot Runner was formerley known as Dawn to Dusk for 2014 and 2015. For 2016 onwards the race name was changed to Hot Runner to (a) avoid a name clash with another race and (b) align with our new sponsor “The Pickled Village”