Enviromental Policy Update:
Please note that ALL our races are now cup-free which means we will not be supplying cups and you will need to bring your own. We will provide water and squash dispensers and cola bottles for you to pour into your own cup.
Very soon we will have our own branded foldable and reusable cups for sale in our web-shop. You can either get these posted out to you in advance or collect them at registration on race day.
Race Day – Sunday 15th December 2019
Also available is Sunday 22nd December – Twelve Days of Christmas.
Note – 2018 SOLD OUT
OR….if you can’t make it, take the virtual entry option which you can do in your own time and your own location, anytime between 1st December until 31st December 2019.
The Race: Santa’s Little Helpers 2019 & The Great Christmas Giveaway.
The Medals: If you like Christmas and unique medals, may we introduce you to the first three medals in our series ‘Santa’s Little Helpers’? We will be adding three more to the collection each year. For 2019 we have the Green Elf, the Reindeer and good old Santa himself.
Important Note: To guarantee your medal type you must book before November 30th. If your booking is after that date we may have to give you an alternative Christmas medal – SO BOOK EARLY!
These medals sizes are approximately as follows:
- The Santa 5k or 10k medal – 50mm
- The Bushy Evergreen Half Marathon medal – 75mm
- The Rudolph Marathon Medal – 100mm.
A little bit about the characters:
Elf – Bushy Evergreen
A skilled engineer and the inventor of Santa’s magic toy-making machine. Bushy came from a family that lived in the forest way up North. Like most forest creatures, Bushy became skilled in the art of woodcarving at an early age.
By the time he was a boy of 103, he had carved millions of wooden trains, cars, dinosaurs and other toys. Bushy is now the head Toy Maker for Santa and keeps on developing his famous toy making machine to meet children’s endless demand for new toys.
When the fog came down and made flying the sleigh a little tricky, Santa asked Rudolph to guide the sleigh with his shiny nose. A real TEAM player.
The one and only – surely no explanation required?
Fancy Dress is encouraged and an award will be given for our chosen best effort.
What Races are on offer?
- The Santa 5k or 10k race (start time 10:00)
- The Bushy Evergreen Half Marathon (start time 10:00)
- The Rudolf Marathon (start time 10:00)
- The Trilogy (start time 10:00)
- The Duology (start time 10:00)
Or if you are feeling adventurous take on either the Trilogy or Duology;
The Trilogy rules. First up is your Marathon which starts at 10:00. On completion of the Marathon you can start your Half Marathon after a 15 minute break but no later than 15:00. On completion of the Half Marathon you can start your 10k after a 15 minute break but no later than 18:00.
The Duology rules. First up is your Half Marathon which starts at 10:00. On completion of the Half Marathon you can start your 10k after a 15 minute break.
What’s the Great Christmas Give-away?
Well, in addition to their medal:
Each 5k or 10k finisher will also receive a 1 technical URL race shirt from a previous URL event. (non-transferable value £12.00)
Each Half Marathon finisher will receive 2 of the above technical race shirts. (non-transferable value £24.00)
Each Marathon finisher will receive 2 of the above technical race shirts plus an Official BUFF. (non-transferable value £39.00)
Each Trilogy finisher will receive the same as a Marathon finisher plus another Original BUFF (non-transferable value £54.00)
NB – if we run out of t-shirt sizes we may substitute other products of equal value in place of the technical shirts.
All the above will be distributed as gifts and are non-transferable.
Race Location: Little Bowbrook, Walton Road, Hartlebury, Worcestershire, DY10 4JA
For an official URL race hoodie visit our shop .
All races will start at 10.00am from Little Bowbrook – registration will be open on the day from 8.30am, where you will collect your race number. Registration will close at 9.30am so any arrivals after this time may have their start delayed!!
Our BBQ will be fired up with sausages, home-made soup, mince-pies, which are all included.
What is the course like?
The route is a multi-lap course with each lap approximately 6 miles. On your return to Little Bowbrook after each lap you will have water and food available. There is also a mid point water station and check-point.
The terrain is mainly tarmac, on quiet lanes through picturesque countryside. With the exception of one small hill the route is generally flat.
Is there any accommodation nearby?
Within 5 minutes drive of Little Bowbrook is Hartlebury Travelodge. Adjacent to the Travelodge is a Thai Restaurant and a further five minutes walk is an Esso Garage with a Greggs / Subway and Spar Shop facilities. Ten minutes walk is also the Mitre Oak pub which serves good value food. If you require transport from the Travelodge to the race start / finish, we can supply this for a small fee of £5.00 each way payable on the day but requested in advance.
If you have a group of fifteen or more runners (club bookings or friends) wanting to take part in the half or full marathons, we may be able to adjust the race start time to suit yourselves. In addition we can provide a hot meal and drink at the finish to provide a more social occasion. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to discuss this further.
Entry numbers are limited – so book early to avoid disappointment.
- The Trilogy – £75.00
- The Duology – £45.00
- Individual Rudolph Marathon £31.00
- Individual Green Elf Half Marathon £26.00
- Individual Santa 5k or 10k £19.00
- Virtual Trilogy – £45.00
- Individual Virtual Marathon – £18.00
- Individual Virtual Half Marathon – £16.50
- Individual Virtual Santa 5k or 10k – £15.00
- Enter any of the above and agree to raise set amount for Kids Run Free – £10.00 (see below note)
If you can’t make race day – enter Santas Little Helpers as a VIRTUAL runner:
Have you run one of our Virtual Races before?
If that’s a yes, you are automatically a Member of our Virtual Running Community, and are entitled to a discount of 15% against entry fees. Please email email@example.com, with your intention to book and we will provide you with a 15% discount code to use against the entry fee. You can then use this code against ALL of your future URL Virtual entry bookings.
Once you email us your run proof we will post out your medal. The Great Christmas Giveway is not applicable to Virtual entries.
NB. – This discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or discount on offer at any other time.
RUN FOR FREE – Our Nominated Race Charity – Kids Run Free.
URL are committed to helping our preferred charity ‘Kids Run Free‘. We have so far raised £6,500 for Kids Run Free. If you want to raise money for them too, please get in touch as we have set aside packages where you can secure yourself FREE entry if you raise a set amount for the charity.
Raising even more money for Kids Run Free:
If you want to give even more support for our nominated charity on any / all of the entry options, it’s easy and simple;
- Press the enter button and choose ‘Support Kids Run Free’ for £10.00 which covers our Admin costs.
- Kids Run Free will create a Virgin Money Page for you.
- You agree to raise a minimum of twice the entry fee type you have chosen, but please raise as much money as you can.
- We email you your Virtual race Bibs so you can start your challenge.
- Once you have have exceeded your minimum target and completed your challenge, we post out your medals.
What do I need to do to secure my place and medal?
- Simple enter using the entry button at the top of the page.
- Select the Days and Distance you wish to enter
- We will email you within 24 hours with a personalized running number to print off. This may take longer over weekends, holiday periods, or if we have an actual event taking place.
- When you do the run, take a photo of yourself with the running number on. On completion of the run send us your run data as best as you can to firstname.lastname@example.org, preferably showing the route taken, but as a minimum, a photo of your Garmin or similar device, indicating the distance covered. You can also join our facebook group and post results and photos on there.
- Once we have confirmed your run information as correct your medal will be posted out. For multi-day bookings we will post out your medals once your final run has been completed. Please note – you cannot include a run which is part of another race / event, and you cannot have rest periods on your run.
- For international posting you will need to pay an additional £4.50 for a single item and £9.75 for multiple items.