Enviromental Policy Update:
Please note that ALL our races are now cup-free which means we will not be supplying cups and you will need to bring your own. We will provide water and squash dispensers and cola bottles for you to pour into your own cup.
Very soon we will have our own branded foldable and reusable cups for sale in our web-shop. You can either get these posted out to you in advance or collect them at registration on race day.
Race Dates – Monday 4th November – Sunday 10th November 2019
(or if you can’t make it, take the virtual entry option which you can do in your own time and your own location, anytime between 1st November until 1st December)
Note – Our Halloween Series starts immediately before this Guy Fawkes Series starts, so you have the choice of 14 days of running!!
The Race: Guy Fawkes 7in7
The Medals: If you like unique medals – miss these races at your peril! Each day has a unique medal – the above illustrations just show the first three days medal types.
Important Note: With so many race and medal types it is possiblke that we may sell out in a medal type for a particular day. You can only guarantee your medal type by booking early!! Bookings within four weeks of the event may have to be awarded a different medal type depending on demand – SO BOOK EARLY!
In addition there are three different sized medals, available in either Orange or Green:
- The Marathon medal is 110mm diameter
- The Half Marathon medal is 90mm diameter
- The 10k / 5k medal is 60mm diameter
Fancy Dress is encouraged and an award will be given for each days chosen best effort.
Enter the Guy Fawkes Races, and compete in 7 consecutive marathons, half marathons, 5k or 10k on consequetive days. Or – just choose any single day as each day is a race in it’s own right!
Monday 4th November – ‘The Gunpowder Plod’ – Marathon, Half Marathon, 5k or 10k
Tuesday 5th November – ‘Fawkes Fiery Fling’ – Marathon, Half Marathon, 5k or 10k
Wednesday 6th November – ‘The Conspiracy Whirl’ – Marathon, Half Marathon, 5k or 10k
Thursday 7th November – ‘Jumping Jack Flash’ – Marathon, Half Marathon, 5k or 10k
Friday 8th November – ‘Penny for the Guy’ – Marathon, Half Marathon, 5k or 10k
Saturday 9th November – ‘The Bonfire Bash’ – Marathon, Half Marathon, 5k or 10k
Sunday 10th November – ‘The Rocket Run’ – Marathon, Half Marathon, 5k or 10k
Race Location: Little Bowbrook, Walton Road, Hartlebury, Worcestershire, DY10 4JA
Guy Fawkes Merchandise
For an official race hoodie visit our shop – you can choose any of the seven race logos during the order process.
All races will start at 10.00am from Little Bowbrook – registration will be open on the day from 9.00am, where you will collect your race number. Please try to arrive by 9:30am latest. Earlier starts may be possible, especially for competitors taking on the full challenge.
Post race, a light buffet will be provided to include sandwiches, soup, hot drinks etc. This is available to all entrants including single day competitors.
What is the course like?
The route is a multi-lap course with each lap approximately 6 miles. On your return to Little Bowbrook after each lap you will have water and food available. There is also a mid point water station and check-point.
The terrain is mainly tarmac, on quiet lanes through picturesque countryside. With the exception of one small hill the route is generally flat.
Is their any accommodation nearby?
Within 5 minutes drive of Little Bowbrook is Hartlebury Travelodge. Adjacent to the Travelodge is a Thai Restaurant and a further five minutes walk is an Esso Garage with a Greggs / Subway and Spa Shop facilities. Ten minutes walk is also the Mitre Oak pub which serves good value food. If you require transport from the Travelodge to the race start / finish, we can supply this for a small fee of £5.00 each way payable on the day but requested in advance.
Camping is possible and FREE at Little Bowbrook, which also benefits from shower and toilet facilities. There is also a communal kitchenette with toaster and kettle.
If you have a group of fifteen or more runners (club bookings or friends) wanting to take part in the half or full marathons, we may be able to adjust the race start time to suit yourselves. In addition we can provide a hot meal and drink at the finish to provide for a more social occasion. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to discuss this further.
Entry numbers are limited – we have consent for 50 places Monday – Friday and 150 places Saturday & Sunday – so book early to avoid dissapointment. Some medal types and sizes do get sold out.
- The Guy Fawkes 7 in 7 Marathon (All 7 days) – £175.00
- The Guy Fawkes 7in7 Half Marathon (All 7 days) – £140.00
- The Guy Fawkes 7in7 10k or 5k (All 7 days) – £115.00
- Individual marathon £29.00
- Individual half marathon £24.00
- Individual 5k or 10k £19.00
- Virtual Marathon (All 7 days) – £99.00
- Virtual Half Marathon (All 7 days) – £95.00
- Virtual 10k (All 7 days) – £90.00
- Individual Virtual Marathon – £18.00
- Individual Virtual Half Marathon – £16.50
- Individual Virtual 5k or 10k – £15.00
- Enter any number of the above and agree to raise a set amount for Kids Run Free – £10.00 (see below note)
RUN FOR FREE – Our Nominated Race Charity – Kids Run Free.
URL are committed to helping our preferred charity ‘Kids Run Free‘. We have so far raised over £6,292 for Kids Run Free. If you want to raise money for them too, please get in touch as we have set aside packages where you can secure yourself FREE entry if you raise a set amount for the charity (£10.00 admin fee applies).
- Press the enter button and choose ‘Support Kids Run Free’ for £10.00 which covers our Admin costs.
- Kids Run Free will create a Virgin Money Page for you.
- You agree to raise a minimum of twice the entry fee type you have chosen, but please raise as much money as you can.
- Simple enter using the entry button at the top of the page.
- Select the Days and Distance you wish to enter
- We will email you within 24 hours with a personalised running number to print off. This may take longer over weekends, holiday periods, or if we have an actual event taking place.
- When you do the run, take a photo of yourself with the running number on. On completion of the run send us your run data as best as you can to email@example.com, preferably showing the route taken, but as a minimum, a photo of your Garmin or similar device, indicating the distance covered. You can also join our facebook group and post results and photos on there.
- Once we have confirmed your run information as correct your medal will be posted out. For multi-day bookings we will post out your medals once your final run has been completed. Please note – you cannot include a run which is part of another race / event, and you cannot have rest periods on your run.
- For international posting you will need to pay an additional £4.50 for a single item and £9.75 for multiple items.