Entries for 2020 (20th March – 5th April) and 2021 (19th March – 4th April) are now open – you can secure your place with a non-refundable deposit. Simply press the enter button and choose that option.
LATEST NEWS – The 1st place finisher for 2020 and 2021 has the option of two prizes:
- Drive away one of our G4 Landrovers for 10 months (or 5,000 miles whichever is the sooner). T’s & C’s apply. N.B. If you are resident outside of the UK or have a poor insurance rating the cost may be prohibitive – as URL will only contribute a maximum additional premium of £100 to it’s existing insurance costs.
- Experience one of the Ultra Running Squads International Adventures in either Tenerife, Germany or the UK. (more destinations coming online soon). T’s & C’s apply. Maximum flight contribution £200.
Take on the challenge of this incredible journey, covering 860 miles (1384km) over 17 days. That’s averaging over 50 miles (80km) each day!
CONFIRMED ENTRIES FOR 2020, date 20th March – 5th April:
Tim Branchett (UK)
Steve James (UK)
Kate Redman (UK)
Richard James (UK)
Denis Orsini (France) for Denis’s Story click HERE
Michael Williams (UK)
Cyndi Graves (USA)
Sam Pearch (UK)
James Ferguson (UK)
CONFIRMED ENTRIES FOR 2021:
John Taylor (UK)
Rachel Gorajala (UK)
David Hudd (UK)
Rick Cooke (Australia)
For previous years entrants results click HERE
For Photographs please click or Gallery Link at the top of the page.
The route follows the classic journey from John O’Groats to Lands End and is all on road.
Competitor numbers are limited to 20.
It is each competitors responsibility to book their own accommodation at John O’Groats and after their finish at Land’s End.
URL has arrangements in place with Hotels, B&B’s and Travelodges along the route for the end of Days 1 through to 16, so you can be assured that after the long days run you have a bed and shower / bath facilities available. These facilities will be on a shared room basis. It is imperative that these establishments are respected and kept clean and tidy by competitors. Failure to do so could mean disqualification from the race and additional charges.
See Route Data which includes route profiles, distances and locations.
We continue to develop the route year on year to avoid where possible the busier roads and introduce safer side roads and cycle ways.
Breakfast on the first few days (where time allows) is a full hot breakfast etc. On earlier start days we will provide food to suit each runner, such as porridge / cereal, banana, yoghurt. As you can see from previous years photos we eat well, with evening meals generally at local restaurants. Drinks are not included, nor are starters and deserts.
Along the route various check-points will provide water, cola, squash. And for food, sandwiches, malt-loaf, and other similar selections.
We will ask you to fill in our dietary needs form to note your food preferences and highlight and allergies that you may have. You will be burning a significant number of calories so it is important we provide food which is suitable for you. If you do have a special dietary requirement we may ask you to provide supplementary food items to accommodate this.
Within your entry fee is a non-refundable £30.00 allowance. During the race you can ask us to purchase on your behalf any personal items that you need. We cannot guarantee obtaining these items the same day, but we will endeavour to do so or as soon as possible. Such items can include for example: toiletries, medical, physio costs etc, laundry at selected stops.
If you use up your £30.00 allowance we will let you know and you can choose to deposit a further £30.00 with us to continue your allowance facility. We cannot offer credit!
- Fully paid JOGLE entrants will benefit from 50% discounts on any entry to all other URL events leading to up the JOGLE race day date. If you are paying on installments the discount will pro-rata to the amount you have paid.
- Your 50% discount also allows you access to any URL event, even if it is sold out or closed!
- At John O’Groats you will be provided with Hi-Viz clothing which will consist of a showerproof jacket and six technical tops. This clothing will be branded with the URL Logo, the race name ‘JOGLE’ and your personal name.
Navigation & Tracking.
Maps and gpx downloads will be available to entrants only – (dont forget to bring a waterproof map case). Tracking of competitors can be viewed at real-time by logging into the map link available off this webpage (only available during the race).
Competitors must carry the following items:
- Backpack or equivalent
- Head Torch with spare batteries
- Maps will be provided prior to the days race
- Compass or GPS device
- Mobile phone
- Basic first Aid Kit, blister treatment, pain relief
- Waterproof map case
URL will provide each competitor with a tracking devise which will enable individuals progress to be monitored and recorded. The tracking devices also have inbuilt SOS buttons in case of an emergency or required assistance.
If a competitor fails to complete any individual day, at any stage of the race, they will be deemed from immediate effect to be out the race, and will be transferred at the discretion of URL to the nearest train station or other agreed terminus.
The JOGLE is incredibly demanding and few athletes will have the fitness or resolve to complete the entire 17 days. As such Ultra Running has pre-set cut-off times along the route, based on a minimum average of 4mph / day for the first ten days. If you fall slightly below this minimum requirement you will be advised and given a warning. If the consequetive day is also below 4mph you will be withdrawn without debate.
The final seven days may have some flexibility on the 4 mph limit, purely at the discretion of the RD. In addition, if Ultra Running or any of its representatives deem for any reason that a competitor should not continue, Ultra Running Limited’s decision will be final. Under no circumstances will a runner be allowed to continue on the course after 22:00 for days 1-16. Some flexibility may be allowed on the final at the RD discretion.
Registration & Entry Fees.
Run the JOGLE for Kids Run Free (our race charity) and pay only a non-refundable deposit of £250.00 – and then commit to raising a minimum of £4,500 for the charity. We advise that you book early to maximise your time to raise the money. The minimum value needs to be raised within four weeks of the race to secure your place. On this basis you can also secure a place for the 2020 or the 2021 event which would allow more time to raise the sponsorship money.
Please be aware that all deposits and payments are made on a totally non-refundable basis. URL recommends that you take out your own insurance cancellation policy if you wish to cover such an eventuality.
- Total cost of £3,000.00 (2020) and £3,375.00 (2021), payable by:
A deposit of £675.00 secures your place, and
4 x installment payments, paid as follows (latest payment dates):
Aug 30th 2020 – £675.00
Oct 30th 2020 – £675.00
Dec 30th 2020 – £675.00
Feb 28th 2021 – £675.00
- Or for full entry fee payment for 2021, the race entry is discounted to £2,950.00. (This is available until the end of 2020 for 2021 competitors and then reverts to the full £3,375.00 on January 1st 2021.)
- e-mailed photograph of competitor which may be uplifted onto the site for promotional reasons.
- Brief description of your reasons for doing the event which may be uplifted onto the site for promotional reasons.
In the event of Ultra Running Ltd. cancelling the race, your place will be deferred to the following year.
Ultra Running Ltd. reserves all exclusive rights for photo coverage of its events. Participants agree that Ultra Running Limited may use exclusively their individual or collective names and pictures for anything related directly or indirectly to their participation in this event.
Finisher Medals & Trophies.
All finishers will receive a bespoke medal and a Trophy and a bottle of champagne.
The organisers reserve the right to change or amend any part of the event.