Monday 29th October – Sunday 4th November 2018
(or if you can’t make it, take the virtual entry option which you can do in your own time and your own location, anytime between 1st October until 4th November)
Latest news: The Friday evening has a bonus race you can also enter – The Gunpowder Plod – see further below for details…..
The Race: Halloween 7in7
The Medals: If you like unique medals – miss these races at your peril! Each day has a unique medal – all themed around spooky ghosts, witches and Halloween. You can choose either the Orange Medal as shown above, or the Green Medal.
Important Note: With so many race and medal types it is enevitable that each year we sell out either in colour or medal type for a particular day. You can only guarantee your colour or medal type by booking early!! Bookings within four weeks of the event may have either a different colour or medal type depending on demand – SO BOOK EARLY!
To see the actual medals please see the 2016/17 Photo Gallery for the Halloween 7in7 Races
There are three different sized medals, available in either Orange or Green:
- The Marathon medal is 100mm diameter
- The Half Marathon medal is 80mm diameter
- The 10k / 5k medal is 60mm diameter
- All with the same design as shown above.
That makes a total of 42 medal options in the Halloween 7in7 series that you can choose from!
Fancy Dress is encouraged and an award will be given for each days chosen best effort.
Enter the Halloween 7 in 7, and compete in 7 consecutive marathons, half marathons, or 10k’s on consequetive days. Or – just choose any single day as each day is a race in it’s own right!
Monday – ‘The Witches Whisk’ – Marathon, Half Marathon or 10k
Tuesday – ‘The Scary Scamper’ – Marathon, Half Marathon or 10k
Wednesday – ‘The Creepy Crawl’ – Marathon, Half Marathon or 10k
Thursday – ‘The Ghostly Gallop’ – Marathon, Half Marathon or 10k
Friday – ‘The Petrified Pootle’ – Marathon, Half Marathon or 10k (evening time is The Gunpowder Plod 5k)
Saturday – ‘The Spooky Sprint’ – Marathon, Half Marathon or 10k
Sunday – ‘The Zombie Shuffle’ – Marathon, Half Marathon or 10k
Latest addition – The Gunpowder Plod 5k (Friday 2nd November nightime only) – bring your own burgers / sausages to put on our BBQ post race! We will also supply the glasses for your beer or wine! Soup and hot wine will also be available.
Race start will be 6:30pm so you need to have arrived by 6:00pm latest as entry gates will close to secure the course, which is all within the grounds of Little Bowbrook on a half mile looped route. Six laps will make up the 5k distance, including a small section of woodland (which will be lit).
If you have entered a minimum of three of the Halloween race days your Gunpowder Plod entry is complimentary – yes FREE on us. Just email your confirmation to email@example.com and we will add you to the running order. If your bookings are on a virtual basis the same applies. Likewise, if you get a group together for just the Gunpowder Plod your fourth member is also free.
7in7 Race Date: Commencing Monday 29th October through to Sunday 4th November.
Race Location: Little Bowbrook, Walton Road, Hartlebury, Worcestershire, DY10 4JA
Halloween 7in7 Merchandise
For an official race hoodie visit our shop – you can choose any of the seven spooky day logos during the order process.
7in7 Races will start at 10.00am from Little Bowbrook – registration will be open on the day from 9.00am, where you will collect your race number.
Post race, a light buffet will be provided to include sandwiches, pot noodles, soup, hot drinks etc. This is available to all entrants including single day competitors.
What is the course like?
The route is a multi-lap course with each lap approximately 6 miles. On your return to Little Bowbrook after each lap you will have water and food available. There is also a mid point water station and check-point.
The terrain is mainly tarmac, on quiet lanes through picturesque countryside. With the exception of one small hill the route is generally flat.
Is their any accommodation nearby?
Within 5 minutes drive of Little Bowbrook is Hartlebury Travelodge. Adjacent to the Travelodge is a Thai Restaurant and a further five minutes walk is an Esso Garage with a Greggs / Subway and Spa Shop facilities. Ten minutes walk is also the Mitre Oak pub which serves good value food. If you require transport from the Travelodge to the race start / finish, we can supply this for a small fee of £5.00 each way payable on the day biut requested in advance.
If you have a group of fifteen or more runners (club bookings or friends) wanting to take part in the half or full marathons, we may be able to adjust the race start time to suit yourselves. In addition we can provide a hot meal and drink at the finish to provide for a more social occasion. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to discuss this further.
Entry numbers are limited – we have consent for 50 places Monday – Friday and 150 places Saturday & Sunday – so book early to avoid dissapointment. Some medal sizes were sold out in 2017.
- The Halloween 7 in 7 Marathon (All 7 days) – £175.00
- The Halloween 7in7 Half Marathon (All 7 days) – £140.00
- The Halloween 7in7 10k (All 7 days) – £115.00
- Individual marathon £29.00
- Individual half marathon £24.00
- Individual 5k or 10k £19.00
- Virtual Marathon (All 7 days) – £99.00
- Virtual Half Marathon (All 7 days) – £95.00
- Virtual 10k (All 7 days) – £90.00
- Individual Virtual Marathon – £18.00
- Individual Virtual Half Marathon – £16.50
- Individual Virtual 5k or 10k – £15.00
- Enter any of the above and agree to raise set amount for Kids Run Free – £10.00 (see below note)
Enter the Halloween Series as a VIRTUAL runner:
10% of all profits on the VIRTUAL runs go to Kids Run Free
Have you run one of our Virtual Races before?
If that’s a yes, you are automatically a Member of our Virtual Running Community, and are entitled to a discount of 15% against entry fees. Please email email@example.com, with your intention to book and we will provide you with a 15% discount code to use against the entry fee. You can then use this code against ALL of your future URL Virtual entry bookings.
NB. – This discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or discount on offer at any other time.
RUN FOR FREE – Our Nominated Race Charity – Kids Run Free.
URL are committed to helping our preferred charity ‘Kids Run Free‘. We have so far raised £1,292 for Kids Run Free. 10% of the Hot Runner Virtual profits will go to Kids Run Free. If you want to raise money for them too, please get in touch as we have set aside packages where you can secure yourself FREE entry if you raise a set amount for the charity.
Raising even more money for Kids Run Free:
If you want to give even more support for our nominated charity on any of the entry options, it’s easy and simple;
- Press the enter button and choose ‘Support Kids Run Free’ for £10.00 which covers our Admin costs.
- Kids Run Free will create a Virgin Money Page for you.
- You agree to raise a minimum of twice the entry fee type you have chosen, but please raise as much money as you can.
- We email you your Virtual race Bibs so you can start your challenge.
- Once you have have exceeded your minimum target and completed your challenge, we post out your medals.
What do I need to do to secure my place and medal?
- Simple enter using the entry button at the top of the page.
- Select the Days and Distance you wish to enter
- We will email you within 24 hours with a personalised running number to print off. This may take longer over weekends, holiday periods, or if we have an actual event taking place.
- When you do the run, take a photo of yourself with the running number on. On completion of the run send us your run data as best as you can to firstname.lastname@example.org, preferably showing the route taken, but as a minimum, a photo of your Garmin or similar device, indicating the distance covered. You can also join our facebook group and post results and photos on there.
- Once we have confirmed your run information as correct your medal will be posted out. For multi-day bookings we will post out your medals once your final run has been completed. Please note – you cannot include a run which is part of another race / event, and you cannot have rest periods on your run.
- For international posting you will need to pay an additional £4.50 for a single item and £9.75 for multiple items.